Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Way Out

I have recently joined a women’s bible study.  I have only been twice, but let me tell you, it has been such a blessing to me so far to be a part of this group.  They dig deep in God’s word and I love hearing everyone’s perspective on what the Word means to them and how we can each apply it in our lives.  In the past I have struggled with keeping up a steady bible study b/c I have done it alone and 8 times out of 10 I read a passage and I’m like “Now what in the heck does that mean?”  That’s why I think group bible studies are so important.  Everyone has such a different point of view and may see things in a way that I don’t. 

Last night our focus was on Psalm 77.

My big take-away from this is that a lot of times we are so focused on our problems and our need for God to answer us that we forget all of the great things God has done and will continue to do.  We need to put our eyes upon Him and reflect on all of the wonderful things He has already done for us.  The main verse that really stuck out to me was verse 19:

“Your road led through the sea, your pathway through the mighty waters – a pathway no one knew was there” Psalm 77:19

I just love this verse so much. 

When the Lord was bringing the Isrealites out of Egypt and Pharoah began catching up to them, they panicked.  They wanted to quit and head back to Egypt to be slaves b/c they thought there was no way out of their situation.  Until the Lord ordered Moses to hold up his staff and part the Red Sea.  I can’t help but wonder what was going through the Isrealites minds at the time.  I’m pretty sure that they probably weren’t predicting God would lead them THROUGH the Red Sea. 


They couldn’t see a way out, but God could.  We serve a big and mighty God who is greater than anything we ever have to face.  That’s why I love verse 19 so much “a pathway no one knew was there” – you see we can’t even fathom the path God is leading us down or how He is going to get us there.   We just have to trust Him and remember all of the great things He has done!

If you ever feel discouraged, just remember the God who parted the Red Sea, turned water into wine, healed the blind, loves you and WILL fight for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment