Thursday, July 31, 2014

ONE

My sweet boy turns ONE today!  We all refer to him as either “little fella” or “Jack Jack”.  He is the cutest little boy I have ever seen (I’m a little biased) and I just want to eat him up!  It really seems like yesterday when he was born (you can read about that here).  You  know how when you are expecting your first child you have those people who say “He/She will be grown before you know it”?.  Boy, aren’t they telling the truth!?  I feel like both Addi and Jack have grown SO quickly and before I know it they will be moving off to college and then getting married.   I try to just focus on the right here and now and enjoy all of the time we have together.
 I’m a little extra emotional with every milestone Jack achieves because he is my last baby (unless God has other plans for our lives).  He started walking at 9 ½ months, is drinking whole milk from a sippy cup (except he still likes a bottle right before bedtime) and is eating pretty much whatever we eat.  He is a great eater and I’m determined to keep it that way!  He is into everything.  Every time we go to try to catch him he starts running the other way – haha!  Addi was never a climber or one to get into drawers, but Jack is trying to climb on anything he can.  He also loves Winnie (the cat).  This is NOT a good thing b/c she is mean and I’m afraid she will bite or scratch him if he pulls her tail or pets her too hard.  I definitely have to keep my eyes on him at ALL times!
 When he starts getting sleepy he will pull his blanket over his face to cover his eyes from the light.  If he doesn’t have a paci to sleep with, then he puts the blanket in his mouth.  He’s pretty good about sleeping through the night, but occasionally have to get up to go put the paci back in his mouth and cover him back up. 
 I know I have mentioned this before, but he adores his sister and she adores him right back.  I love watching them play together.  Addi still has her moments when she’s too rough with him, but I think it’s because she loves him so much she just wants to squeeze him.  I’m so thankful God chose us to be Jack Jack’s parents – our lives would not be the same without him!

No comments:

Post a Comment