Friday, July 11, 2014

A Day in the Life

I love reading these type of posts from different bloggers. I think it’s super interesting to get a glimpse into someone else’s day to day happenings. My days aren’t at all that interesting, but I thought I would join in the fun with Leslie from A Blonde 
Ambition.




Yesterday…

5:00 AM – my alarm starts to go off and I quickly reset it for 5:30. I always have hopes that I will wake up at 5:00 and be able to drink a cup of coffee and have a quiet time before everyone else wakes up. Yeah, that never happens. I’m not quite sure why I still set my alarm for 5:00 when I always reset it as soon as it goes off – ha!

5:30 AM – my 2nd alarm goes off and I hear Jack stirring, so I go fix him a bottle and get him out of his crib. I notice his diaper has overflowed and he needs to be stripped down and changed. After a quick diaper change and wipe down, I take him to Brad who feeds him while I begin to get ready.

5:50 AM – I continue getting ready and turn the TV on hoping this will wake our sleeping beauty (who REALLY enjoys her sleep). I also rush through the house to get clothes together and lunches made. I ALWAYS think to myself that my mornings would go a lot smoother if I would prepare the night before.

6:45 AM – All of us are out the door. Brad helps me get the kids in my car and I turn Despicable Me 2 on the DVD player in the car (because heaven forbid we make the 5 minute car ride to daycare without some form of entertainment – ha!)

6:50 AM – I get Jack out of the car and have to convince Addi that mommy is late and needs to hurry, but she continues to take her time. We go put her lunchbox in the fridge and she always helps me put Jack in his room. We both give him kisses goodbye and quickly get out of the room before he notices we are gone and starts screaming. I then take Addi to her room, open her Poptart and fix her a cup of water for breakfast and she tells me “bye” 50 times and blows kisses to me as I’m leaving. I quickly fix a cup of coffee that they have prepared for us at the daycare and out the door I go around 7:00ish.


7:45 AM – I arrive at work. Immediately I fix another cup of coffee and some oatmeal. I pretty much eat this same breakfast every day. Occasionally I will stop at Jack’s for a biscuit and iced coffee, but try not to make a habit out of it!

10:00 AM – After working a few hours, I grab a small bag of bbq potato chips b/c I like to keep things healthy.

11:30 AM – I am already starving and decide to fix my lunch of leftover red beans and rice. Most days I walk in the mall and shop before I eat lunch, but today I decide to just sit at my desk and read while I eat. Jack's teacher sends me a picture of him ready for water day at school...

12:45-4:00 PM – I work. It’s real exciting stuff – spreadsheets, numbers and calculators are what my days as an accountant consist of.

4:00 PM – I’m out the door! Tonight is different because I’m meeting some of my best friends for dinner.

4:15 PM – I arrive at the shopping center and meet up with my friend Sadie to do a little shopping before everyone meets at 6:00.

5:30 PM – We go ahead and get a table at Chuys in case it starts to get crowded. We also devour a basket of chips, creamy jalapeno dip, salsa and queso – yum!

6:00 PM – Leah and Heather arrive and we order. I got the fish tacos and they were SO good! I didn’t even touch my rice and beans. We try to meet up at least once a month to catch up. I love getting together because it’s just like we have never been a part.

7:30ishPM – We all go our separate ways except I go with Leah to VS to shop around for a little bit.

8:00 PM – I’m on my way home to my people.

8:30 PM – After I get home, I chit chat with Brad for a little bit about our days, go check on sleeping Jack Jack and say hey to Addi who is in her bed watching a movie.

9:00 PM – Addi ends up in our bed pitching a fit because she wants her daddy to come to bed. I end up rubbing her feet/legs until she falls asleep. I read a book until falling asleep probably around 9:45ish. Side note – I am usually in bed a lot earlier than this. I think I was asleep at 8:00 every day last week – except for one night when I was in bed at 6:30 and Brad made me get up haha! I love my sleep!



That was my day! Jealous? Haha! It may not seem that exciting, but I love my life and I’m so thankful for the many blessings God has given me.



In other news, one of my sweet friends who was supposed to meet us for dinner last night couldn’t because she was having to deliver her baby boy who unexpectedly passed away earlier this week. She was only a few weeks away from her due date. Please please pray for their family. My heart hurts for them and I can’t even imagine what she’s going through right now. They are strong in their faith and know that their sweet boy is in heaven and know God has a reason for all of this happening.

11 comments:

  1. Mary Beth! I saw your picture on Leslie's blog! And was like.. Well I know her!.. I'm friends with Lindsay Core. Im pretty certain you came up to Raleigh way back when and Lindsay always talks about you! I enjoyed reading your post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember meeting you! I know y'all miss Lindsay as much as we do! Thx for reading!

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the Link up with Leslie! I love your coffee mug & Sweet Heat chips are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your friends baby. Praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your friend:(
    This was fun to read, i enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girls nights are good for the soul. :) Prayers to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww! these day in the life posts are so fun to read! how did you hear about the prompt? if you ever want to change it up, a friend of mine and i brought back the 5 on friday since the gals that were doing it put their linkup on hold for the summer. it was pretty popular last week if you want to check it out! we would love to have you! http://farmerbell.blogspot.com/search/label/five%20on%20friday

    ReplyDelete