Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day Weekend

I'm not sure about yours, but our weekend has been super busy! Friday, Jack's class had their water day at school.  The bigger kids have a splash pad to play on, but the babies get to play in a little blow up pool.  I think he had a great time, except his teacher said none of them liked the water that sprayed out of the pool :)


 Our weekend really started Friday night with going out for some Mexican food.  Jack had his first Mexican food experience.  He ate part of a cheese quesadilla, rice and beans.  He loved it!  We then made a quick trip to Sam's and came home.  It was a real exciting Friday night!

This little man gets up at 5:30 EVERYday.  He doesn't care if it's the weekend or not, he's getting up at 5:30.  I love the little quiet time we have together before everyone else wakes up.


After the others woke up Saturday morning, Brad requested we go eat breakfast at his favorite place, Waffle House.  After breakfast, we ran a few errands and then came home to rest and clean up around the house.  Addi was apparently worn out.  She was in her room playing and watching a movie and when I came in there to check on her, I saw this...


Brad's parents kept the kids Saturday night so we could go celebrate some of our good friends, Brody and Amy.  After we dropped the kids off, we realized that we were going to be really early to the wedding, so we stopped for popsicles.  There is a new popsicle place that just opened up near our house and it is SO good!  We have already hit it up 3 times in last week.  Brad even likes it...


Brody and Amy had such a beautiful little country wedding.  We were so happy we could be there to celebrate with them!  Even though we were exhausted and our bedtime is usually 9:00, we decided to make most of our night without the kids and we went out with some friends afterwards.  It was a great night with lots of laughs with good friends!


Brad and I were able to sleep in until 8:00 this morning which was wonderful!  Every Father's Day, Brad takes the kids and goes to church with his parents and I go to lunch with my mom.  I am so thankful for Brad - he is an amazing dad to Addi and Jack.  God really blessed us with putting him in our lives.


Tomorrow, I start back on my "diet" and begin exercising again.  I'm really looking forward to it.  This afternoon I was able to prep a lot of my meals for the week.  Planning and preparing what I'm going to eat for the week is really the only way i'm able to stay on track.  I have eaten everything under the sun today.  I had to make most of my last cheat day for a while.  I made sure to eat plenty of carbs...


They were really good too!  I hope everyone has a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment