Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Back on Track

I’m not gonna lie, I have been really struggling lately when it comes to sticking to my diet and exercising.  I got off track and have had a really hard time getting back to it.  I forgot how hard it is to take that first step.  It’s not so bad once I get started and turn it into a habit.  I lost a total of 66 lbs and have gained back 6 of them since getting off track.  I can definitely tell a difference in how I feel and how sluggish I am during the day. 

 

Last Saturday, our church started a ministry where we hand out water/fruit to runners in our area.  I went to help out and ended up running/walking for a little bit while I was there.   That was the first time in about a month that I have ran and it felt good and bad all at the same time (if that makes any sense haha).  Monday night, I went out for my second run of the week and it was tough and HOT.  I love running outside, but this Alabama heat/humidity is killing me so I might have to stick to the treadmill.  Brad is going out with some friends tonight, so I will have to pick back up my running tomorrow night. 

 

I have also started trying to buy more organic produce and grass fed meats.  I wish it wasn’t so expensive, but I have been catching sales at EarthFare for the meat and shopping Aldi for the rest.  Who knew I would like Aldi so much?  I’m kind of obsessed  haha!  I’m just kind of in a rut when it comes to preparing meals that are healthy.  The main reason is because Brad won’t eat anything that’s good for him and Addi eats horribly.  If it’s not a lunchable or sandwich, she doesn’t want it.  I signed up for the Bikini Body Mommy meal plan, so I’m anxious to get my first week of recipes to try out!

 

Any other ideas on healthy meals that my entire family will eat?  I always start looking on Pinterest, but then I get sucked into all of the YUMMY not good for you food and it makes me crave the bad stuff – haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment