Sunday, May 18, 2014

A FULL Weekend

This is how my weekend started...

Jack greeted me with projectile spit up when I picked him up from school Friday afternoon.  He's been really snotty from teething (along with an ear infection) and coughing from the drainage makes him gag and this is the result.  Not fun.

Friday was anniversary of my dad's death. We loaded up the car and headed to the cemetery (he's buried about an hour away).  I NEVER want to go to the cemetery.  It's just not something I want to do. Since my mom was out of town and I knew she would want to go if she here, I decided to go for her.  We then met my aunts and uncle for dinner at Top O' The River.  

The next morning we woke up early to go to Wedowee for a family get together on my mom's side.  They rented a lake house for the weekend, but we were just able to drive up for a few hours and spend some time with them.  Addi was able to "fish" for the first time.  We will have to go back b/c she LOVED it!

Saturday was also mine and Brad's 6th wedding anniversary.  We went to dinner at Texas de Brazil.  It was SO good!  I couldn't believe Brad suggested going there b/c it's definitely not like him to a) want to go more than 15 miles from the house to eat dinner b) try anything new and c) pay more than $30 for a meal.  He thoroughly enjoyed it and said we would be back.  

Even though we were stuffed from our meal, we decided to drive to Krispy Kreme for a hot doughnut.  I ALWAYS have room for a hot doughnut.  We ate our doughnuts and some milk there and then ordered a dozen variety box to go.

Brad's parents generously offered to let the kids spend the night.  We went to bed early and woke up around 8:00 AM which was WONDERFUL!  I can't remember the last time we slept that late.  We ended up skipping church, picked up the kids and did a little grocery shopping before coming home and picking up around the house.

Addi had a double birthday party to attend at the park.  It was pouring down rain on our way there, but the rain stopped for a little while so the kids could play.

We then made a run to Publix to pick up something we forgot earlier in the day and this happened...

She was talking and eating her donuts one second and then I looked back to see this.  I thought she was playing at first, but realized she was seriously asleep mid donut!  Ha!  Not sure how that happens, but it was pretty funny. 

Our weekend was SO full, but I loved every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment