Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter







This Easter our church did something a little different.  Instead of spending a ton of money on outfits to wear on Easter Sunday, we purchased t-shirts and 100% of the profits go to the Alabama Children's Homes. You can't really read our shirts, but they say "Forget the Frock, Feed Orphans".  You can read more about Forget the Frock here.

After church, we went to Nana's house for lunch.  It was so good!  We went by to visit Honey and Da and then played outside while daddy worked in the yard.  It was such a beautiful day, so we then loaded up and drove to the park to play some more.  Addi was fighting to stay awake on the way home from the park.


The Easter bunny also hopped right over our house.  At first, I wasn't going to do the whole bunny thing because I didn't have time to go to Wal-Mart and I refused to fight the craziness this weekend and Addi is scared of the bunny.  Plus, I figured Addi got enough candy from the several egg hunts she went to this week.  After talking about it with Brad, I think we aren't going to do the Easter bunny thing at all.  We will still do a small basket from us, but that will be the extent of it.  I don't think those who choose to have the bunny visit their house are wrong, but this is just a decision we have made for our family. (Santa still comes to our house as of right now, but we just don't make him the primary focus)

I'm so thankful that Jesus loved me so much that He died on the cross for my sins.  I'm so unworthy and undeserving of His amazing grace.  I hope you and your families had a Happy Easter as well! 

 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the t-shirts, Mary Beth, for many reasons and especially because you all look comfy. :) And we do the same in our house...no Easter bunny hops by our place either. So glad you and your family had a great day!

    ReplyDelete