Monday, January 13, 2014

Our Weekend


Friday night, we all went out to dinner and then we took the kids to spend the night with Brad's parents.  Brad and I were running our second 5k the next morning, so it was just going to be easier to let them spend the night so we wouldn't have to wake them so early.  We had a good run.  It wasn't our best, but it felt good.  

Afterwards, we ran a few errands and then made our way home to work some in the house.  I have decided that my least favorite chore ever is cleaning out the fridge.  I'm always surprised (and grossed out) at what I find.  Apparently every time I go to the store I feel the need to buy shredded cheese.  I found 5 bags - ha!  I also found some sausage and cream cheese that needed to be eaten, so I whipped up my favorite rotel dip. Brad grilled steaks and mom came over to eat.  Addi was wound up and didn't go to sleep until 9:30ish.  It was a good day!

Sunday, we went to church and home for lunch.  It was too pretty outside to just sleep all afternoon like we normally would, instead, we went for a little run.  During our run, I ran into a friend that I haven't seen in years.  It was nice to catch up with him even if it was only for a few minutes.

 Last night, we ate this crockpot chicken (It was yummy and I can't wait to eat the leftovers!).  Addi and Jack were asleep by 7:00, so I was able to catch up on some TV.  Since season 4 of Downton Abbey just started, i'm trying to hurry up and finish season 3.

I'm having to "work" from home today b/c there is no power in my office building.  I took the kids to school so I could get some things to get done.  Laundry is calling my name!  I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment