Monday, October 28, 2013

Losing the Baby Weight - Part Two

I wrote part one of my "losing the baby weight" journey about two and a half months ago.  I have surprised myself and kept with it.  Since that post, I have lost about 25 pounds.  I'm so proud of myself and I feel SO much better!

My workout consists of just running/walking.  I know I should be doing more, but I'm not joining a gym right now and we don't have an elliptical or any equipment like that, so I just run outside in the afternoons and I walk at lunch time at work.  I started the couch to 5k program and i'm on week 4 right now.  My ultimate goal is to run a 5k in December.  I don't really care how fast I am, but I just want to run the entire thing without stopping.  Brad has also joined me in running and I'm so proud of him.  He's only been at it about a week and has already lost over 10 lbs!

As far as my diet is concerned, I am counting calories and cutting carbs.  I still eat the good carbs like oatmeal for breakfast and sweet potatoes - yum! I allow myself a few "cheats" during the week, but I find myself thinking about my food choices instead of just mindlessly eating because I'm hungry. The MyFitnessPal app along with my Fitbit has helped tremendously with keeping on track.  Brad got a Fitbit too and we love comparing our stats each night.

Hopefully with the holidays quickly approaching I will be able to stick with it and keep dropping those pounds!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! I am right in it with you. Slower and much more to lose, but I know the hard work you are putting in and happy to see it is paying off. Can't wait for when I can say I am down 25 lbs! I know y'all are so busy but I really hope we can see you when we come to town in 2 weeks for Will's interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, it's hard, but worth it once you start seeing the results. I can't imagine trying to find time to workout with 4 kiddos! If y'all can get together that Saturday you will be here, that would be great! If not, we will try to work something out!

      Delete
  2. Whoo hoo, girl! You're doing so great! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryan! You are doing awesome as well!

      Delete