Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Barbie the Miracle Worker

For the past year and a half Brad and I have shared our bed with this little munchkin...


While she is extremely cute, it was BEYOND time for her to start sleeping in her own bed.  It all began when we took her crib down and put up her big girl bed.  She refused to sleep in it and we just let her sleep with us.  Mostly because I was so tired that I just didn't want to argue with her and it was just easier to put her in our bed.  Big mistake.

We didn't want to kick her out right after Jack was born b/c he is sleeping in the pack and play in our room and we didn't want her thinking she was being moved out and he was being moved in.  So we haven't really worried about it and figured in a month or two we would start transitioning her to her room.

Well...I hope i'm not jinxing it or anything by saying this, but a miracle has happened!  Last night she was watching Toy Story 3 and Barbie was on there.  Addi asked who it was and when I told her it was a Barbie doll, she said "I want one".  Well, I told her that if she were to sleep in her big girl bed that I would buy her a Barbie of her own.  Bingo!!!!  Worked like a charm.  Granted, Brad had to lay down with her until she fell asleep, BUT she did sleep in her own bed last night!!!  Jack and I made a trip to Target today to buy sister her first Barbie.  Addi loved her and has carried her around all night.

I was hoping it wasn't just a one time thing and it turns out it's not!  She's sound asleep in her bed for the second night in a row as we speak :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment