Tuesday, July 30, 2013

39 Weeks and Nursery Sneak Peak

Yesterday I had my final appointment before having Jack THIS Wednesday.  I'm still in shock he will be here TOMORROW!  My day didn't really turn out like I had planned.  My mother-in-law went with me to my appointment b/c I didn't want to go by myself just in case they were to keep me.  Well, my blood pressure was too high and my doctor wanted to do blood work to make sure I didn't have preeclampsia and just to go ahead and get the blood work ready for Wednesday over with.  Down to the MEU I went.  This is the third time I have had to go down there for my blood pressure, so I knew the routine - put a gown on, climb in the oh so comfortable bed (yeah right), take my BP like 4 times, put the baby on the monitor, ask me about 20 questions and finally shove an IV in my hand to draw blood just in case they want to keep me.  The only good thing about it is they give you ice chips and i'm all about some ice these days :)

After laying there and watching a few episodes of House Hunters, I get the same news I have received each time I have had to go down there "You are free to go home, you just have pregnancy induced hypertension".  At this point I was ready for them just to go ahead and do the c-section.  Mainly b/c I didn't want them to put that horrible IV in my hand again.

Brad had just shown up "just in case" and he was able to take his mom home while I was on the prowl for some food.  I had not eaten since 6:30 that morning.  I had big plans of going to Hobby Lobby, bank, and a few more stores to pick up some last minute things.  Well, I ended up ditching all of those plans to just run through the Jim-N-Nicks drive thru and go home to take a nap!  

I got my salad from Jim-N-Nicks and was headed back home when I hit the car in front of me.  UGHHHH!  I was trying to turn right onto the main road and I just wasn't paying attention and tapped the car in front of me.  I really barely hit her, but she still had a few scratches on her car and was extremely worried b/c she had just had back surgery.  She wasn't very concerned with the 39 week preg lady (I was fine btw, I didn't even feel the hit, but just heard it instead).  Luckily, the policeman saw us and stopped without us having to call him.  My sweet, loving hubby came to the rescue and was really sweet.  I was so upset b/c it was my fault and I have never had a wreck before.  I thought he would be mad at me, but that definitely was not the case.  Now I don't feel responsible to ever drive again and i'm going to make him chauffeur me around everywhere.  I definitely needed a nap after the morning I had!

In other news, the nursery is ALMOST complete.  There are still a few things I need to do (or get my mom to do after he arrives).  Here is a sneak peak...


It's nothing fancy, but I like how simple it is.  The cowboy "mural" above the dresser was painted by my VERY talented friend Lindsay.  It really means so much to me to hang her artwork in Jack's room.  The dresser will be painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint's Emperor's Silk and I need to buy a cover for the changing pad.  The cowboy boots on the dresser and outfit hanging on the closet door are both Brad's from when he was little.  The sign over the crib was given to us by my bff Sadie - I love it and it works perfectly in the room!  I have bought fabric to make a blanket for the crib, but never got around to making it, so a sweet lady from work made the red minky blanket instead.  You can't see it in the picture, but there is a chocolate brown flow-y, gathered crib skirt.  I still have to buy a lamp and hang the curtains!  I definitely got more done than I thought I would and I really like the way it has turned out so far!

Tonight, is our last night as a family of three, so we are going out to eat and then to run a few more errands.  I'm SO excited about meeting Jack tomorrow and I can't wait to see how Addi reacts - pray for her b/c her world is about to be rocked!



No comments:

Post a Comment