Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekend Lovin'

We have had a pretty relaxing weekend and managed to still get a few things done.  Saturday morning my mom came over and we started cleaning out the soon to be nursery.  Brad helped haul everything to the attic b/c we finally have the flooring up there now.  We still need to take the bed down, paint and buy/put down the flooring.  

Banjo has been staying with my in-laws because the pen wasn't set up yet, so Addi went to play with him for a few hours Saturday afternoon.  We then rushed to get to a birthday party.  It was a swimming party and Addi didn't know what to think at first.  She hasn't been swimming very many times.  I took her to swimming lessons last year, but that only lasted one session and I quickly learned she just wasn't ready yet.  I really only wanted her to get used to the water.  Once Addi saw all of the kids swimming she told me she wanted to join them.  We had to fight her to get into her swimsuit and her life jacket, but once she was in the pool, we had to fight to get her out!




The water was FREEZING and all of the kids had blue lips and were shivering, but she was loving it!  Brad refused to get in b/c it was so cold, so they just hung out at the steps.  This morning after church the first the she said was she wanted to go see Jacob and Colyn and go swimming.  I'm sure we will be making many trips to the pool this summer!

After church, we made a trip to Sam's and Publix.  Addi went back over to Honey and Da's house to get Banjo (Brad put up his pen) and I was able to squeeze in a 2 1/2 hour nap - It was glorious!

We ended the night with hot dogs and watermelon.  I bought my first watermelon of the summer at Sam's and it is SO good!  Our dish washer is on the fritz, so we spent most of the night (it felt like it anyways) washing dishes.  I'm hoping we can get the dish washer fixed soon b/c washing dishes by hands is for the birds.

Addi and I are currently cuddled up in the bed watching Scooby-Doo (her new fav).  I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment