Monday, May 20, 2013

The Great Diaper Bag Debate of 2013


Ok - it all started with the purchase of the above bag.  Zulily had a great deal of Kalencom bags, so I immediately purchased one.  I thought this bag was a good compromise of something I would like and something Brad would like.  It finally came in the mail and I called Brad and told him I was so excited because Jack's diaper bag had come.  

I was in the bedroom when Brad got home from work and he immediately came in there and said "That is not my son's diaper bag and I refuse to carry it".  He said it looked like something we would have for Addi.  I thought the blue and green made it look "boy-ish", but I guess I was wrong.  We seriously joked and talked about this diaper bag for the rest of the night.  We finally came to the conclusion that I was going to sell it (I hate returning things I buy online) and we would keep looking.


This Petunia Pickle Bottom bag is the one I originally wanted.  Of course that one was nixed from the get go.  According to Brad it was definitely "too girly".  Pretty much everything I picked out fit in this category.  

The other night we went to Target to look around and I picked up a bag and really liked it.  I told Brad I thought it was "functional".  He then said he didn't think I knew that word - haha (he's right, most of the time I just go for looks and not functionality, but don't tell him I said that!).  I realized that with the perfect diaper bag, you need functionality - which for me is a large bag with plenty of storage, pockets and it also needs to be washable. 

After searching the internet, I finally found the perfect diaper bag for BOTH of us to carry.  I hate the thought of having two bags.  I will have an extra bag just in case one is in Brad's car or we accidentally leave it somewhere, but for the most part we will only use one.  I ended up ordering this one Friday...


It's the Skip Hop Bento Diaper Tote.  I haven't seen it in person yet (it's suppose to arrive this week), but I think it's going to be the perfect bag for us.  It has a ton of pockets, places for food storage, adjustable straps, stroller straps and much more.  Plus, here is the biggie, Brad even liked it!  

Even though he liked it, he has already gone to Academy to buy a camo diaper bag to carry - ugh!  I will definitely not be carrying that one at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment