Saturday, May 18, 2013

Happy Anniversary!


Five years ago yesterday, I married a pretty great guy if I do say so myself.  I honestly don't remember much about our wedding day - it felt like it went by so quickly and I didn't have time to take everything in.  Nerves and excitement just took over.  I do remember calling my hubby "a butt" as soon as we made our way back down the aisle after being introduced husband and wife.  When the preacher said "You may now kiss the bride", Brad proceeded to dip me when he gave me my kiss in front of over 350 people.  It would not have been a big deal, except my dress was extremely low cut and I came up from that kiss trying to hold everything in place.  He thought it was funny, but I tend to disagree :)

Since I had a doctor's appointment yesterday morning, I decided just to take the whole day off (why not, right?)  When they called me back to see the doctor, the nurse said you can go ahead and start drinking this...


I guess they forgot to tell me at my last appointment, but I had no clue this was going to happen at this visit.  Thankfully, I had only eaten a bowl of cereal a couple of hours before I got there.  I gulped it down and it's not as bad as people make it out to be.  I remember this one being much better than the one I had to drink with Addi.  The doctor said i'm measuring at 30 weeks (i'm currently 28 weeks) and as long as my blood pressure is not too high, I will see her again in a month and then once every 2 weeks.  I will have one more ultrasound at 32 weeks as well to monitor his growth and the marginal cord insertion issue.  Everything else looked good!  I really do love my doctor and changing doctor's after Addi was born was the best thing I could have ever done. 


After I left the hospital, I had a few errands to run and I somehow ended up at Dreamcakes.  They are my favorite cupcakes ever and any time i'm in the area I have to stop by!  I always get the Caramel Sea Salt Mocha (pictured on bottom) and this time I also got The Lunch Lady (yellow cake, strawberry jam and peanut butter icing).   The Lunch Lady is my new fav - I could eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every day and this cupcake tasted just like one - it was so yummy!

I had to get my cupcakes and run because I had an appointment for my spa day that Brad and Addi got me for Mother's day/Anniversary.  It all started with an hour long prenatal massage, then I got a mini facial, manicure, pedicure and had my make up done.  It was all wonderful!


By the time I finished with everything it was around 6:30 and I ended up meeting Brad at the movies.  He wanted to see the new Star Trek movie and all I cared about was getting some popcorn and icee.  He bought our tickets for the 3D movie and this was the first time I have ever seen anything in 3D.  It was a little weird and i'm not sure I liked it, but the actual movie was better than I expected.

It was a great day!  I love Brad more than anything.  These past five years have turned out NOTHING like I had planned, but thank goodness God's plan is always better than mine.  We have been through a lot, but all of our trials have brought us closer together.  Thanking God today and everyday for my sweet hubby :)


No comments:

Post a Comment