Tuesday, May 21, 2013

An Unexpected Day Off

Yesterday, I received a phone call from my doctor's office and as soon as I heard my nurse's voice, I said "I didn't pass my glucose test, did I?".  Nope.  I barely missed the magic number.  I decided I better bite the bullet and go the next day to take the three hour test just to get it over with.  I really didn't know what to expect b/c I passed the hour long test with Addi.  To me the worst part about the whole thing was not being able to eat.  By the time the four hours was over with, I was starving!  I received a phone call this afternoon that I passed all three tests - Praise the Lord!

While I was waiting to take my test, I got a phone call from the daycare saying that Addi was laying down on the playground holding her neck under her ear.  I automatically thought her tubes had finally fallen out and she had an ear infection.  I immediately made a doctor's appointment for this afternoon since I was obviously going to be too late going to work anyways.  When I got to the church, she just looked like she had a crick (?) in her neck, but I was going to take her to get it checked out anyways.  She had also wet her pull-up last night and her nap mat today (which she NEVER does), so I was going to get her tested for a UTI while I was at the doctor just in case (she has also been fussier than usual)

Luckily, she just has a crick in her neck and no UTI!  He said she might be sore for a few days, but other than that, she's good to go.  

After making a pit stop for an ice cream cone for me and a milk shake for her, we made our way home.  When I opened my car door in the garage, I could smell the "clean".  It was the greatest thing ever!  I finally found someone to clean my house and she started today.  I'm not really sure where she has been all my life b/c she did a FANTASTIC job and I can't wait for her to come back!

Addi and I went outside to play with Banjo before coming in for bath time :)  She LOVES this puppy!





No comments:

Post a Comment