Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekend Projects

This weekend we spent a lot of money time in Home Depot hoping to cross some items off of our to do list I mentioned in my previous post.  I'm happy to report that I can now cross off the following two items:

2.  Buy some wood flooring for the attic.
5.  Paint the dresser in mine and Brad's room

Brad spent time flooring our attic in order to store all of the crap we have accumulated over the past five years a few boxes and Christmas decorations.  The last time we attempted to put some boxes in the attic, Brad's leg found it's way through our living room ceiling, so the flooring was definitely a necessity.

My project for the weekend was painting our outdated hand-me-down dresser that was in desperate need of painting.  Now this was my first time using Annie Sloan chalk paint and It was super easy to use.  I used the color Graphite along with the clear wax.  My favorite thing about it was how fast it dried.  I put two coats of paint and then waxed the entire thing and it only took me a couple of hours.  Here is the before and after...



Please excuse the bad lighting and picture from my phone :)  I like the way it turned out.  It's a more modern look to go along with the decor we have chosen for the bedroom.  I'm hoping next weekend we can buy a mount to hang the TV on the wall.

Brad and I also made a trip to Williams Orchard to pick up some things for a few landscaping projects Brad has on his never ending to-do list.  I'm always up for a trip to Williams Orchard b/c I love their banana nut bread and we also got some warm fried apple pies - yum!

Addi spent the night with Brad's parents on Friday and played with them most of the day Saturday.  It's amazing how much you can get done without a 3 year old running around (I missed her like crazy though!)

We ended our busy Saturday with having a bunch of friends over and a delicious smoked chicken Brad prepared.  Today, we had church, went out to eat and made yet another trip to Home Depot.  I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment