Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend

Our weekend started with a much needed date night!  Brad and I went to a local Japanese restaurant for dinner and then made our way up and down the isles of Sam's.  Very romantic :)

Saturday morning we got up early and went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  After she devoured two pancakes and a piece of bacon, we went downtown to see Disney Live - Mickey's Music Festival.


We quickly found our seats and all was well.  I kept telling Addi that Mickey would be coming out any minute and would be right in front of us.  She kept pointing to the stage saying "Mickey's coming!".  She seemed really excited...





After the music started and Mickey and friends came out, the screaming began.  She kept saying "Mickey don't want it" and "I want to go".  We thought she would stop, but after 5 minutes, we decided to leave.  We didn't want to torture her.  We had front row seats and that was just too close.  I was really disappointed b/c I thought I was doing something she would love, but I have learned my lesson and will buy the cheap tickets from now on!  I ended up giving the tickets to a family that was walking in the door as we were leaving.  We spent $200 for 5 minutes of screaming and for another family to enjoy our seats.

Sunday was filled with church and lunch with our small group.  The weather was SO perfect this weekend too.  Addi and I went to my mom's house Sunday afternoon and played outside.  Addi loves talking to mom's dogs through the fence (she's terrified of dogs normally).  Here she is dancing around...



Other than our little Mickey mishap, we had a fantastic weekend and I hope y'all did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment