Thursday, December 27, 2012

Birthday Celebrations/Christmas Eve

Christmas really snuck up on me this year.  I'm not sure if it's because the weather has been so warm or I was just that unprepared, but it just feels like the time period from Thanksgiving to Christmas Day flew by.  

This past Saturday night Brad took me to J. Alexanders for my birthday dinner.  My mom kept Addi bug so we could have a peaceful night.  We then took a romantic trip to Sams to finish up our shopping.  I have hated my phone since I got it two years ago, so he finally bought me the iPhone 5 while we were there.  I had an iPhone before switching to an Android.  Brad swore up and down the Android was better and I would love it.  Yeah, he  was wrong.  I hated it.  Needless to say I love having my iPhone again!

Christmas Eve is my birthday, so we woke up early and went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. 


We always celebrate Christmas with my cousin and her family Christmas Eve at lunch time.  This year we had my favorite meal my grandmother used to make me every b'day - chicken fingers, mashed potatoes and green beans along with Cheesecake Factory Hershey Bar Cheesecake for dessert -yum!  Brad gave me a giftcard to the Gap to buy maternity clothes in a few months and my mom gave me a Michael Kors watch I have been wanting.

Addi wasn't sure about us giving Luke (or Wuke as she says) any attention.  Brad held him and Addi kept saying "It's my daddy".  She slowly but surely warmed up to him and then began to even share her toys!


That night, my mom gave Addi her gifts.  She is obsessed with princesses and all things "Punzel".  I think we have watched Tangled approximately 5837 times.  No Lie.  Here she is opening a princess castle and sporting her Repunzel wig :)



My mom came to our house to spend the night so she could be there when Addi opened up her Santa presents.  I will have to do a separate post on that tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment