Friday, October 5, 2012

SUYL - Favorite Tailgating Recipes



Isn't my new "Alabama" turkey cute??  I thought he might fit in with today's SUYL from Kelly's Korner.  Today is all about tailgating food.  Pretty much every weekend during football season we are with friends watching football at someone's house.  These are some of my favorite football foods...

Bacon Wrapped Crackers

1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 sleeve of Club crackers
1 lb bacon, cut in half

Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.  Top each cracker with 1/2 teaspoon of the parmesan cheese.  Gently wrap each cracker with 1/2 piece of bacon and place on a broiler rack on a baking sheet.  Bake for 2 hours, or until bacon is cooked.

Hot Cheesy Artichoke Dip

1 can of artichoke hearts, not marinated
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of mayo
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 (8oz) package of cream cheese
garlic salt, to taste
dill weed, to taste

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  I like to chop up the artichokes in my food processor so they are really fine (I like the flavor of an artichoke, not the texture so much).  Combine all ingredients in an electric mixer and pour into a 9 x 13 inch dish.  Bake 15-20 mins or until bubbly.  I like serving this with Triscuits.

Cream Cheese Sausage Rotel Dip

8 oz block of cream cheese
1 can rotel, drained
1 lb breakfast sausage, browned and drained of fat

Put all ingredients in the crockpot and cook about 1 1/2 hours or until everything is melted and hot.  This is one of my favorite dips.  My friend Amber makes it every time we watch the games at her house - it's so good!

The guys are kind of obsessed with their smokers, so we usually eat a boston butt and baked beans as well as yummy dips and desserts.  This weekend, however, I have talked the hubby into grilling ribs - his are seriously the best ever.  They always fall off the bone!  My mouth is watering just thinking about them - yum!



1 comment: