Thursday, October 4, 2012

EI 6 Month Review



Addi had her 6 month review with Early Intervention this morning.  I am so pleased with her progress and she continues to amaze me every day!

She started EI with just seeing a physical therapist and she eventually got to the point where she didn't need to see a PT at all - Praise the Lord!  She still makes me nervous going up and down the stairs b/c she's so clumsy and just doesn't pay attention at all.  She's the type that has to do everything herself, so you better not even try holding her hand while she walks the stairs.  I just try to stand in front or behind her just in case she falls I can catch her.  Luckily, she hasn't fallen yet, but she just trips a lot :)  Other than the whole stairs thing, she's doing fantastic!  

Currently, she's just working with a speech therapist (who we LOVE!).  Today, an occupational therapist came to evaluate her and said she's doing great! She said that the only thing that she really needs to work on is her grasp.  She said that the way she holds her pencil/crayon couldn't be better as well.  The OT is going to be visiting her once a month to work on a few small things, nothing major.  

Addi still has a way to go with her speech.  The clarity of her words and vocabulary could definitely still use some improvement, but I just love seeing how much she has progressed since last year!  

I know I've said it before but the Early Intervention program has been such a blessing in our lives and I'm so thankful for them!  I'm sad that once she turns 3, they will no longer be able to assist us.  

Now it's time for me to get home and clean, clean, clean!  We are having company this weekend and thank goodness my sweet momma is going to help me out tomorrow!  I am also pumped b/c I just got an email saying that my Cinderella pre-order just arrived at our house!!! That was one of my favorite movies when I was little and I can't wait to watch it again with Addi!!


No comments:

Post a Comment