Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Weekend and Some Randoms


I spent Friday and Saturday at dotMOM here in Birmingham.  I loved it and learned so much!  One of my favorite speakers was Jen Hatmaker - LOVE her!  She talked about how we, as parents, need to just relax and trust God more.  Instead of always praying for safety for our children, we need to be praying that they follow God's will and become disciples.  We shouldn't want our children not to do something because they are scared.  My favorite quote from the night was "Scared moms raise scared children, but brave moms raise brave children".  Wow, that was definitely something I needed to hear!  I know that my family has come closer to God during struggles and trials and if it takes Addi going through tough times to be closer to God, then it's all worth it in the end.  That's something that is very hard to swallow, but I do want her to be a disciple and not afraid to follow God's will for her!  This is only a tidbit of what I learned - I have pages and pages of notes!  I'm so glad I went!

I met back up with Brad and Addi Saturday at a friend's house for some football.  I was SO tired and Addi was to since she didn't take a nap, so we headed home.  She was asleep by 6:30 and I was asleep by 7:30.  I think we both needed the 12 hours of sleep we got that night.

She was in the best mood Sunday! We went to church and then to the grocery store and she sang at the top of her lungs at the store!  Now, I have no clue what she was singing, but she was VERY into it! That night, we went to a new CLG and we took Addi with us.  We loved it, but I think Addi loved it more than us!  She laughed and played and just had the best time!

Some more randoms...

Here's something funny thing that I want to remember...At dinner last night, we were sitting at the table saying the blessing and Addi, with her eyes closed tight, grabbed a hand full of corn chips (while peaking w/one eye) and crunched on them throughout my prayer.  I finished praying, but it was too funny and so hard for us not to laugh at her. :)  She's one funny little girl!

I joined e-meals again and so far it's made my life so much easier.  Plus, I only spent $70 at the grocery store and $20 of that was on pull-ups!  They give you recipes and a grocery list for 7 dinners, but we normally go out to eat 2 days out of the week, so I just pick 5 out of the 7.  Plus, Brad is kind of picky and I know he's not going to like every meal.  I'm used to spending over $100/week on groceries, so hopefully this will help us save some moo-lah!

I'm on the last chapter of Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst and it's definitely a must read.  At first, I wasn't going to read it b/c I thought that it wasn't geared towards me b/c I NEVER come unglued, right?  Yeah, that's what I thought until I started reading it and I realized that EVERY single chapter was about something that I have either faced before or am struggling with now.  I highly recommend it!  Next on my reading list is Jen Hatmaker's book - 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess Although, I have to admit I'm a little nervous about reading it!


No comments:

Post a Comment