Friday, September 14, 2012

SUYL - Show Us Your Favorite Beauty Products


I thought it would be fun to link up again with Kelly over at Kelly's Korner for SUYL - Show Us Your Favorite Beauty Products.  First of all, I love love love Sephora and probably spend way too much money in there, but I just can't resist!  I have way more products than I will ever use, but these are my "go-to" items.  FYI - i'm no make-up expert at all. and I seriously lack in eye make-up knowledge b/c I feel like i'm horrible at putting it on!  Also, one of my favorite ways to discover more beauty products is through Birchbox.  I look forward to getting it in the mail every month!


Primer:
I always start off with a primer on my face.  I use the Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting primer.  Because I have red hair and really pale skin, the redness in my skin tends to really show up.  This primer helps smooth out the redness and allows for a "clean slate", if you will, for your foundation.


Foundation:
I prefer a more full-coverage foundation to help cover freckles, break-outs, etc.  Right now I'm using the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation.  I like the coverage, but the color i'm using is a tad too dark for my complexion (even though it's the lightest color they offer), but I plan on using the entire tube until I try a different one b/c it was kind of pricey.


Eye Primer:
I have trouble keeping my eye shadow and eye liner from ending up in the crease of my eye b/c I have smaller eyelids.  I use Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to help everything stay in place.  


Eyeshadow:
I received several Stila eyeshadow samples in my Birchbox one month and I fell in love.  I ended up purchasing the Stila In the Moment Eyeshadow Palette.  This palette came with "how-to" pictures, which really helped me!

Mascara:
For mascara I use the Maybelline Falsies Volume Express.  I really like the waterproof b/c the only way it will come off is with actual eye make-up remover.  I have blonde eyelashes and have to really make sure I cover them up, or it looks like of silly :)


Cheeks:
I love the shimmer I get from using Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl.  It's just the perfect amount of shine!




3 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to try the Falsies mascara. I love using eye shadow primer too... but UDPP is too oily for me. I have been using Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candlelight and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used Urban Decay eye primer and now I use Too Faced also. I like them both equally the same but Too Faced lasts longer. Next time you need eye shadow, I HIGHLY recommend the Urban Decay Naked Palette. It's really good stuff! They just came out with the Naked Palette 2 also.

    ReplyDelete