Saturday, August 11, 2012

Walk the Walk


I get really frustrated every time I see anyone put a bible verse on Facebook or talk about how involved in church they are and then I see them outside of the "FB world" drunk, swearing or talking to their spouse like they are a piece of trash, etc.   I don't know why this bothers me so much b/c It's really none of my business and I have NO place to judge anyone b/c I am just as much a sinner as they are, but knowing this bothers me has taught me a lot about the way I should live my life. 

I have realized that people watch everything you say and do. How can I share the gospel and be taken seriously if I'm saying one thing and doing another? No wonder so many people throw out the word hypocrite when they think of Christians.  It's important for us to not only talk the talk, but actually walk the walk.  

We might be able to fool those around us that we are Christians, but we can't fool God. I feel like most of the time we live like God is far away in heaven and he occasionally peeks down to check on us.  Our sermon this past Sunday was about God being omnipresent.  He's everywhere and knows everything we say/do and there is no hiding from Him.  Ouch.  I don't know about y'all, but there's a lot of stuff I say or do that I definitely would NOT be doing if He was physically next to me.  Well, He is with me everywhere I go through the Holy Spirit and I don't know about y'all, but I need to start living like it!

"Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me..."  
Psalm 139:7-10


2 comments:

  1. So true Mary Beth. It bothers me too. My Mother always told me that we are the only Bible some people will ever read. We should always strive to "walk the walk". Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Love your new blog....I can't wait to see the "after" pics of your new house even though it looks beautiful from the outside already!

      Delete