Friday, August 3, 2012

Potty Break


A little over a month ago, I mentioned that Addi had an interest in the potty.  She doesn't use the potty at home, but she loves sitting on it at school.  I talked to her teacher Monday and we decided to try and start potty training her at school since she seems so interested.  Day one I sent several pairs of panties and changes of clothes.  She tee-tee'd in the potty twice and had two accidents.  Day two, she just had several accidents.  I quickly decided that she's just not ready yet AND i'm ok with that (I think).  We will go right back to wearing pull-ups and sitting on the potty at school when she wants to.  She will learn.  A lot of people I have talked to with children older than her said that they will do it in their own time when they are ready.

Even though Dr. L says she's doing great considering everything that happened at birth, he still doesn't think I should throw too many new things at her at once.  Since it has taken her a while to really start talking, I don't need to throw potty training into the mix until she gets her speech down pat.  Even though that makes perfect sense to me, I still thought she would have caught on by now.  He also assured me that there are a lot of kids who don't become interested in the potty until age 3.  

So, until she is ready, we will be taking a break from the potty!

No comments:

Post a Comment