Thursday, July 12, 2012

Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti


I'm not a huge spaghetti fan, unless it's leftover.  For some reason all Italian foods are better the next day to me.  I have finally come up with a yummy spaghetti dish that I LOVE (so does Addi).  Brad, however, isn't crazy about pasta and he hates anything with cream cheese - weird, I know!  I think everything is better with a little cream cheese!  Here is a yummy dish that is super easy to put together for a weeknight meal and is even better for lunch the next day.

Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti
adapted from plainchicken.com

12 oz thin spaghetti
1 jar spaghetti sauce - I used traditional Prego
1 lb ground beef
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced onion - or to taste
1 block cream cheese
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Begin by browning the ground beef.  While the meat is cooking, prepare your pasta al dente according to the package instructions. 

Once the meat has browned, drain and return to pan.  Add the Prego, onion, and garlic to the meat.  Simmer for about 5 minutes.  

Drain the pasta and mix with the block of cream cheese until it is melted and blended thoroughly.  Add the pasta mixture to the meat sauce and combine. 

Put in a 13 x 9 inch pan.  Top with shredded mozzarella and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.

Next time I make this dish, i'm going to chop up some zucchini as a way to sneak in some veggies for Addi :)


2 comments:

  1. I have a recipe almost like this except is adds ricotta cheese. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mary Beth, I left you an award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete