Friday, June 1, 2012

SUYL - Living Rooms

I decided to join along with Kelly's Korner and do her Home Tour series.  This week we are showing off our living rooms.  Click here to see my living room from the last time I participated in her Home Tour.  Here is my living room now...


Not much has changed :)  My mantle needs A LOT of work.  I used to have two candlesticks up there, but I was cleaning one day and Addi knocked one of them over and it broke.  Maybe the mantle will be my next project!


Here is the view from the other side.  I did change up the furniture layout of the room.  I am hoping for some new furniture in the near future.  I'm thinking this room needs some sort of sectional, but the hubby disagrees (he's not a sectional fan for some reason).


I also bought new side tables from Harmony Landing.  I really like them compared to the old ones - they are a little more my style.  There's a glare on the picture, but that is Addi's "school" picture from this year - isn't it precious?  I'm thinking it's time for new lamps as well!


My mom gave this little table and chairs to Addi for Christmas.  She loves to sit here and eat her snacks and watch tv. 


Here is the view from the kitchen doorway into the living room.  Addi has a little bookcase with all of her books/coloring books/crayons and puzzles on it.  We are going to be giving her a "big girl" room makeover very soon and will probably move the bookcase in her room. 

I am by no means an interior designer, but it's perfect for us :)  Thank you for stopping by to look at our home!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute play area. And the paint color that you used on the walls gives the room warmth.
    You're home is beautifully decorated. The mix of colors and textures is wonderful.
    You've done an amazing job!
    I'm having so much fun visiting SUYL participants. I've been able to get some great decorating ideas and see some lovely living rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wall hanging is beautiful! I love your floors as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very simple but really cute! Looks like a home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by MaryBeth! And I love your living room, too - it looks so comfortable and warm (something I think is missing from mine!). That little table and chairs is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete