Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Little Tummies and Peach Smoothies


Addi has been super ill lately.  At first I thought it was the terrible two's making their way into our household, but I quickly realized she just didn't feel good.  They sent a note home from school yesterday that she just cried a lot - which is not like her at all.  After three times of trying to put her to bed, she ended up laying down w/Brad in our bed until she fell asleep.  I decided to call the doctor this morning to see what we could do.  She's had some "tummy" issues for the past few months and that's what was causing her discomfort.  After hearing back from the nurse and getting some instructions on what to do - we headed to school and work.  She ran right in her classroom w/out even telling me bye...i'm guessing she feels better already!

Since I had a little extra time this morning and a lot of extra peaches, I decided to whip up a peach smoothie for breakfast.  It was too good not to share.  Here is what I did:

Combine the following in a blender and enjoy!

2 fresh peaches, peeled and diced
1 container of peach Greek yogurt
1/4 cup of milk
packet of splenda

*Also, please be in prayer for this sweet family who just found out their 6 year old daughter's cancer just came back and there's not anything left to do.  My heart breaks for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment