Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pinterest Fail and Peaches-N-Milk

One of my favorite baked chicken recipes is from the Hellmann's website...


It's really simple too.  Simply mix:
1/2 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise 
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
*Spread this mixture over 4 chicken breasts and sprinkle w/Italian breadcrumbs and bake @ 425 for 20 minutes.

Recently I pinned a recipe that was very similar to this one except it replaces the mayo w/greek yogurt.  I thought I would give it a try tonight and it was a huge flop.  It tasted way too salty to me, almost like feta cheese in a weird way.  I love me some feta cheese, but not spread over chicken and baked :)  Next time I'm going to try mixing the greek yogurt w/ranch dressing mix and sprinkling some parmesan cheese and panko on top - that sounds yummy!

It was a good thing I made some really good sides to go w/that chicken b/c that's all I could eat.  I broiled some parmesan tomatoes and sauteed zucchini and squash - yum!


I was telling my mom that I bought some really good peaches at the produce stand and she told me that peaches are really good w/milk poured on them - kind of like peaches-n-cream.  I have never heard of anyone doing that before, but I thought I would try some for dessert.  I didn't know something so simple could be so tasty!  Just cut up a few peaches and pour some milk on top and enjoy!  Next time I might sprinkle some splenda on top.  Has anyone else ever heard of doing this??

No comments:

Post a Comment