Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

It's REALLY hard being a full-time working mom, so I try to cherish every moment I get to spend w/my family.  Three day weekends make me very happy! Friday night, we drove to Gadsden to eat at Top O' The River.  We got a late start and ended up eating a lot later than Addi is used to and she was super tired.  She ended up laying down in the booth - bless her!


Saturday was full of birthday parties!  Our friend's little boy was turning 5 and had a swimming party.  I had lathered Addi w/sunscreen before we went and she ended up rubbing it all in her eye.  After about 30 minutes she was back to her normal self, but still didn't want to swim.  Instead, she ate approximately 5 plates of cheese balls. haha!  I didn't take any pictures so I ended up stealing these off Amber's FB page.

She wouldn't stop rubbing her eyes!

Brad enjoying the festivities :)

That night we went to celebrate Amber turning 30!  She had a Roarin' 20's party.  It was really cute and everyone was all dressed up in their 20's attire.  Brad and I were party poopers and didn't dress up, but we still had a great time!

This little booger spent the night with my mom and conned her into staying up watching "Blue" until 10:00.  Needless to say, she took a fantastic nap Sunday!

In her princess pj's

Brad and I were both off for Memorial Day and he spent the day playing golf with some friends.  Mom and I took Addi to the park bright and early (so we wouldn't die from a heat stroke!).  She loves to slide and play with the other kids! 


Last night, Brad smoked a pork tenderloin and I fried up some squash from our garden...I also roasted some asparagus for myself since neither Brad or Addi will eat it.  It was so good!  We have a little produce stand near our house and I went to buy a watermelon, but they were out of the seedless ones, so I bought some peaches instead.  I used them to make Brad's favorite Peach Cobbler Muffins.  

We had a fantastic weekend and I hope y'all did too!



No comments:

Post a Comment