Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Time

Brad was out of town most of last week, so we spent this weekend just hanging out as a family.  Most of our time was spent playing/working outside.  I'm pretty sure we have done our share of keeping Home Depot and Lowes in business over the past few weeks!  Brad has a new "love" of working in the yard.  I'll be honest when I say that he has done all of the work.  I've helped a little here and there, but my time has been spent watching Addi and making sure she doesn't take off up the street.  Unfortunately, we currently don't have a fenced in backyard, so I really have to keep my eye on her!  Today, I kept her busy playing with her water table...

I'm not exactly sure what all veggies he has planted this year, but I think it is a lot.  When we bought our house, there was already a pergola and a tiny fish pond behind it.  We He dug up the fish pond b/c all it was doing was attracting mosquitoes and other pesky insects.  We have tried to "pretty up" the pergola.  Here is what we have done so far...
We bought some cushions and pillows for our swing and now all we need is a fire pit, rug and two chairs and we are finished w/the pergola!  We have a table, chairs and umbrella on our deck w/the grill, but we are currently looking for something a bit nicer.  I will take a pic of our deck once we are finished w/it. After all this work we have been doing in the back yard, we need to invite all of our friends over for a bbq.  We also bought a corn hole and ladder ball game today - we are ready for summer!

I'm hoping this weather stays just like it was today, b/c it was absolutely perfect!  I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment