Friday, January 6, 2012

Week 1

I’m very guilty of making New Year’s resolutions that I know good and well I won’t accomplish. I usually give up after the first couple of weeks. This year, I decided to make some simple goals that I know I can stick with. I thought I would document how we are doing every week (for my benefit). I figured writing them down every week will keep them fresh on my mind and allow me to work even harder on accomplishing them!

One of the main goals I want to complete is saving money for a new (to me) car. In order to do this we needed to sit down and make a monthly budget. Both of us thought the envelope/cash system would work best for us. We will use our debit cards to pay for mortgages, bills, gas etc. Cash will only be spent on groceries, going out to eat, clothes, and blow money. I’m proud to report that we did great on our first week using this system! We were even under our budget in all of those categories!

Another goal of mine was to get in shape. I only worked out two days this week, but next week I’m planning on 4. My plan is to take some classes here at our gym at work and then start running once I get used to working out again. So far, so good!

Last, but certainly not least, I want to read through the bible in a year. I have the YouVersion bible app on my phone and they also send an e-mail every day w/my reading for that particular day. I have completed six days so far and I’m really proud of myself.

Over all, this was a great week! This weekend I’m going to tackle getting my house organized – fun huh?? I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment