Friday, December 30, 2011

A New Year and A New Me

I don’t know about y’all, but I’m ready for the new year! Remember the list I made last year of things I would like to accomplish in 1,001 days? Yeah, well, I’m scrapping that list and starting over. I need a new start. I need a new me. I’m tired of trying to do things on my own – I need to put all my trust in God and allow Him to lead me.

This past year was full of struggles. One of the main issues I face is where do I belong, what am I supposed to be doing w/my life (other than being a mommy and wife - which I LOVE every second of)? I have a great job and at times I really enjoy it, but sometimes I sit and think that I’m wasting away 40 hours of my life each week sitting at a desk. Is this really where God wants me? What is my purpose here? I’m always praying for God to lead me somewhere where I can do His will for my life…somewhere I can make a difference. I’ve learned that THIS is where God has led me and where he wants me right now. Even though at times I may hate it, He has me here for a reason and I need to work as hard as I can to do a good job. I need to live my life in a way that people that I work with know that Christ is my main focus. I need to be an example. One of my prayers for the upcoming year is that no matter where God leads me, I will work my hardest and try to be an example to those who are around me that I live my life for Him. I want people to know how God has changed my life and how He can change theirs.

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.” Psalm 32:8

Here are a few other things that I would like to accomplish in the new year:
*Lose weight, workout daily and just become healthier in general
*Get organized
*Blog more frequently
*Save cash for a new car
*Paint our bedroom (I’m doing this Monday - pictures to follow!)
*Go on a vacation
*Put 6 months of living expenses into savings
*Take more pictures/videos
*Buy new furniture (bedroom, den and dining room)

No comments:

Post a Comment