Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011

This Christmas was definitely different than year’s past. Last year, my dad was in the ICU, so we celebrated Christmas in the lobby of UAB. We ended up having our family get together in February once he was out of the hospital and feeling better. I’m SO glad we didn’t have to go to the hospital this Christmas. We do miss him VERY much, but he was able to celebrate our Savior’s birth with Him! How awesome!

Christmas Eve Eve – we had my birthday dinner at my mom’s house. My grandmother would always fix me whatever I wanted for my birthday and I would always choose – chicken fingers, mashed potatoes and green beans. So, that is what my momma made me! It was SO good! My birthday cake was an ice cream cake from Cold Stone. Mom bought me a sewing machine for my birthday and I can’t wait to use it! I just need her to teach me first :)

Christmas Eve – Brad grilled ribs for my mom’s side of the families Christmas/birthday lunch. My sweet, beautiful cousin and her family came and we enjoyed spending time w/them and celebrating Luke’s first Christmas. I’m not sure Addi knew what to think about another baby being there! After they left, my mom let Addi open her Christmas presents from her. She got a cute little table and chairs, a baby doll, Elmo DVD, clothes and her first dollhouse. She LOVED her table in chairs…I got on to her for standing in the chair. I told her if she did it one more time then I would put her in time out. Well, she did it again and then walked over to the wall and put herself in time out – haha! We couldn’t help but get tickled at her.




Christmas Day – mom spent the night w/us Christmas Eve and was able to see Addi open her presents from Santa (Side note – when did parent’s stop letting their kids believe in Santa?? I don’t think he should be the main focus at all and it’s our job as parent’s to teach our children the real meaning of Christmas, but Santa just adds a little more fun to all of the excitement of the season. I could go on and on about this, but I will stop my ranting :)) We bought her a blow up thing w/balls in it and she LOVES it. That’s the first toy she ran to. She also loves going in and out of her playhouse. Those were her two favorite toys. We also got her a Let’s Rock Elmo (I think I had more fun w/it than she did) and a few other things. After opening presents and eating a yummy breakfast Brad cooked, we went to church. It was a great service and I’m so glad we went! After church, we went to Brad’s parent’s house to open presents. Addi was exhausted and not feeling well, so she needed lunch and a nap before she would have anything to do w/gifts.



Monday, we were all off work and mom and I went and did a little after Christmas shopping and had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (one of our favs!) We found some great deals and then headed home to rest and prepare for the work week!

I’m now back at work wishing I was at home w/my baby girl! At least we have another 3 day weekend this week.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Can I come crash the sewing lessons? I have a sewing machine that I can only barely use sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a sewing machine too!! We can learn together.

    ReplyDelete