Wednesday, December 7, 2011

21 Months And An Update

I just haven't been in the mood to do anything lately, much less blog.  But I thought it was time for a MUCH needed update!


 Addi turned 21 months old on the 4th.  I guess I better start thinking about her 2nd birthday.  That makes me so sad! She's growing WAY too fast and I just want time to slow down.  Her are a few things about my baby girl:

*She loves the word "purple" - it's one of the few words that she says very clearly and will randomly shout it out - haha!
*She loves to ride in the car and watch "Elwo" and if you mention watching "Elwo" she comes running.
*"Me" and "mine" are also popular words these days
* She's still carrying around a plastic pumpkin from Halloween and putting toys in it and then saying "out" so I will dump them out and she can put them back in again - this little activity keeps her busy for a while ha!
*She's become a pickier eater and LOVES to dip her food in anything - ketchup, honey mustard, ranch, whatever!  We went to Chili's the other night and we caught her dipping her fingers in the ranch and licking them - yuck!
*I think we won't be going back out to eat w/her anytime soon....she's so busy and never wants to sit still in a high chair. :)

In other news...Christmas is going to be really hard this year. In fact it's already been a lot harder than I thought it would be.  We all miss my dad so much and he loved the holidays.  As sad as this sounds, I kind of just want to skip over Christmas, that way I don't have to deal w/the sadness it will bring.  HOWEVER, i'm trying to get in the Christmas spirit.  Addi will have so much fun opening gifts.  She already loves the lights and trees.  I just need to focus on the true meaning of Christmas and just having fun w/Addi and family. 

I found the following idea on Pinterest earlier this week.  It's a felt tree that Addi can decorate herself! I started on it after she went to bed and it only took me about an hour to make.  All you need is felt and a hot glue gun.  I KNOW she's going to have a blast putting the ornaments on herself.  The only thing you have to glue on are the presents at the bottom and any other decorations that you want on the ornaments.  I was happy w/how it turned out...
Here's our tree this year and an ornament Addi made at daycare...I love anything that includes her handprints!

We have a lot on our to-do list over the next few weeks that includes a trip to see Santa, Christmas shopping (I haven't really started yet), and Christmas parties.  Maybe I will find time out of my busy schedule to blog more than once a month :)

2 comments:

  1. I've been sad this year, too...especially this week. It's really strange - I am, of course, overjoyed by Luke and getting to celebrate his first Christmas, but I really, really miss your dad and Gmom. I guess we need to start our new traditions and have a Christmas that would make them proud. I love you so much, sweet cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand how you feel since this will be my first Christmas without my dad, too. I love the felt tree! You've got a head start on us because we don't even have the tree up yet!

    ReplyDelete