It's hard to believe that in 4 short months Addi will be TWO! That's just so crazy to me. She is growing like a weed and turning into such a big girl.
She is continuing speech therapy twice a month. I talked to her therapist the other day and she said that Addi is doing great. She thinks that b/c of what happened to Addi when she was born is causing some kind of disconnect w/her brain and speech and even if this is the case that it doesn't mean Addi isn't smart, but she is just having a harder time expressing herself through language. She told me that Addi plays "beautifully" and they normally look at play skills and how they interact with others to help determine if there is an issue w/mental development. Addi does talk, but she pretty much says the same things over and over, "momma", "nana", "mi" (mine or more), "eat", "ba" (bath), "kitty", "teddy", "papa" (paci), and there are some other words that I just can't think of at the moment. :) She's definitely getting better at imitating me though.
We went this past Friday to the eye doctor. Her teacher at school was concerned that her eyes were crossing when she would pick up and look at a toy/book, etc. I was told by her pediatrician that he thought she just had some extra skin under her eyes and it was just an illusion that made them look like they were crossing. But as a precaution, I made another appt w/the eye doctor. She pretty much confirmed what the pediatrician said and just told me to bring her back in a year. She also doesn't need glasses at this point either. BTW, I think it's unbelievable how they know that w/out being able to talk to Addi and ask her if she can see or not!
Here are a few more things I want to remember about Addi at this age:
- She is still as independent as ever and wants to do everything herself.
- She's a total daddy's girl and will choose him over me most of the time.
- She loves to dance and every time music is on she busts a move.
- She tells everyone "Hey!"
- Every time she's in front of a mirror she sticks out her tongue and makes faces.
- She loves puzzles and can put all of the pieces in the right spots.
- She loves reading and points to everything on the page and says "that?"
- She wears a size 5 diaper and 24 months - 2t clothing
- Every night we ask her if she wants to go "night, night" and she shakes her head yes and goes to her bed.
- She won't keep a bow in her hair for anything or let me put her hair up.
- We are still using a paci for car rides and bedtime - I'm hoping to get her off of it by the time she turns 2.
- She is just so much fun and FUNNY!