Monday, October 10, 2011

19 Months Old

Well, Addi turned 19 months old last week and we’ve been so busy that I haven’t had time to write an update! I took a much needed vacation with some of my best friends this past weekend (that will require a separate post) so when I got home last night my time was spent with this little booger… (and my sweet hubby who took excellent care of her all weekend!)

She is talking more and more. I will ask her say certain things and for the most part she will imitate me. She still sees a speech therapist twice a month and her ST can already tell how much she has improved in the little time that she has been seeing her. Her teachers at “school” are also a huge help when it comes to her improvement. She loves Mrs. Katie and Mrs. Jean (or Jean as Addi calls her )

I stayed for her PT visit last week at school - we both agree that she is doing age appropriate things (walking up the stairs, jumping, kicking the ball, etc) so she is being discharged from PT! I’m SO proud! I know I’ve said this before, but I’m so thankful that we were able to work with Early Intervention and receive this therapy. It’s so scary to be told that your child will most likely be behind developmentally, but EI has helped us every step of the way and have always been quick to address any concerns that we have had and answer ALL of my questions . Thankfully, we have a beautiful, happy and HEALTHY baby girl who is right on track!

She is still as independent as ever. She doesn’t want her hand to be held and will swat you away if you try. My mom said that I was just like her when I was little and whenever she would try to hold my hand I would say “I hold my own hand” haha – I can so picture Addi saying that one day!

She loves to play Ring Around the Rosie and knows the motions to Itsy Bitsy Spider and If You’re Happy and You Know It – these are her favs. If you ever start playing Ring Around the Rosie w/her, be prepared to do it for a while b/c she LOVES it and will keep saying “more” until you give in – trust me!

She is terrified of dogs. We have a cat, which she loves to chase after, but she’s never been around dogs. Whenever we go to our friends Jared and Amber’s house, Addi clings to Brad for dear life and will not get down and she never takes her eyes of that dog! Brad wants to get her a puppy for Christmas, but I’m still thinking she’s way too young. Plus, he would have to build a fenced in back yard b/c I don’t want an inside dog.

Addi continues to grow like a weed and this age is so much fun – I love watching her learn new things!

2 comments:

  1. You should let her meet my little chihuahua, Cocoa. Addi would probably like her because she's smaller than the cat! Plus, she doesn't bark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jean skirt and the pigtails are KILLING me! SOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete