Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I have done a horrible job of planning my menu lately. We mostly went out to eat last week and I’m SO tired of fast food. I thought I would try to get back in the swing of things this week and get in the kitchen! Be sure to visit orgjunkie.com for Menu Plan Monday and link up along with me.

Ever since the weather started to get a little cooler at night, I have wanted to make chili. Tonight, I will make that happen! I thought I would share our most favorite chili recipe with you:

Mexene Chili
1 lb. ground beef
¾ c chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
2 tbsp Mexene Chili Powder
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp sugar
1 – 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 cup water

Directions: Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Drain fat. Combine remaining ingredients with the ground beef and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with cheese, sour cream and fritos – yum! The hubs really likes this chili, so I normally double the recipe.

Monday – Chili and grilled cheese sandwiches

Tuesday – Swiss Chicken - I use white wine instead of the chicken stock

Wednesday – Taco Cornbread Bake - This stuff is SO good!

Thursday – Leftovers

Friday – Out of town

Saturday – Out of town

Sunday – Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

I have recently been on a peanut butter and jelly kick. I forgot how much I like them! Haha. I will probably eat one everyday for lunch this week  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment