Monday, August 29, 2011

Wonderful Weekend...

The Alston household had a GREAT weekend! I was able to spend some quality time with my momma which is always nice. Friday night we went to a consignment sale. I always get so pumped about consignment sales and I imagine all these great deals that I’m going to find only to be disappointed with stained/worn out clothes. Ugh. I ended up finding a few things, but not as much as I had hoped. Afterwards, we went to dinner and a movie. We saw The Help. I haven’t read the book yet, but the movie was really good and I plan on reading the book soon!

Saturday morning my mom, Addi and I went to another consignment sale put on by some ladies in a local neighborhood. I found way more at this sale that I liked! It was much nicer stuff and in was in better shape.

My mom and I have been on the lookout for a riding toy for Addi. After the sale, we went to Target and Wal-Mart on a mission to find one. We ended up getting this one…
 We were trying to decide between two different ones and I know my mom chose this one because it’s what my dad would have bought her if he was here. This was definitely a “Pop” purchase. She LOVES it!

That night we went to Uncle Chad’s house to watch the race. Addi LOVES her Uncle Chad and spent most of the time sitting in his lap.

Sunday was church and CLG. We attempted to take Addi with us to our small group, but we had to leave early b/c she was just getting restless and wouldn’t be quiet (it was past her bedtime). Overall, she was in a great mood this weekend and was so well-behaved.

This week I will be busy getting clothes ready to put in a consignment sale and cleaning. We are having everyone over Saturday to watch football. The festivities will begin at 8 am. The boys are planning on cooking bbq and wings. I’m still trying to decide what else to prepare - which means spending some time on Pinterest. I might blog my finds tomorrow! I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment