Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Couch to 5k and Other Happenings

My good friend Mallory and I started the couch to 5k program last Wednesday.  We have a gym at work and I'm not sure why in the three years I have worked there that I've never used it.  We are currently on week 2 day 2 and I'm so proud of us!  I'm amazed at how much more energy I have when I get home (as long as I don't sit down).  I have been coming home, cooking, cleaning and playing with Addi.  I'm sleeping SO much better as well.

Addi had speech therapy yesterday and I stayed for the visit.  Her therapist said that she is improving greatly and is now in the "imitation" stage.  She said so many different words yesterday like "pop" "bubbles" "uh-oh" and "danks" (thanks).  During our visit, Addi fell and busted her mouth.  She started bleeding, but I don't think she messed up her teeth...I was told to watch her teeth and make sure they don't turn gray.  As far as I can tell she just tore the thing that attaches the lip to the gum and the speech therapist said that would even help her speech.  Who knew?  I wish I didn't have to see that though - it broke my heart!

Yesterday, she also got on and off the riding toy by herself.  She's not much of a climber so we have been working on this for a while, but she has finally caught on! She's growing up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment