Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Love Those Long Weekends

I don’t know what it is about that extra day during a holiday weekend, but I’m voting that all weekends last three days instead of two. It makes such a difference in how much rest I get!

We spent Saturday morning at a birthday party. It was a pool party and Addi’s first time in a “big” pool. She wasn’t a fan. I’m thinking the water was way too cold for her. That night we went to celebrate a friend’s birthday at her house. We let Addi spend the night with her Honey and Dad (Brad’s parents).

Sunday, we met his parent’s at a local Mexican restaurant and Addi was TERRIBLE. She was exhausted and fighting sleep with everything she had. Thankfully, I talked with a friend Saturday night about ideas to keep Addi occupied when we go out to eat. I’m hoping to be better prepared next time we brave another restaurant with her. Because she didn’t take a nap that afternoon, she was in bed by 6:30 and slept until 7:30 the next morning.

Yesterday, we went to Brad’s parents for lunch and then rested the entire afternoon. That night, we had some friends over for dinner. Addi didn’t take a nap yesterday either, but she fought sleep until 9:00 last night.

Today was her first day at her new “school”. I was SO nervous when I dropped her off. She gets very attached to people and doesn’t accept change very well. I handed her over to her teacher and she screamed for about a minute. I hid and waited until she stopped crying and then left for work  I only called once to check on her so far and her teacher said she was just playing and doing well. Thank goodness! I know this week will be tough b/c she just doesn’t understand why she’s in a new place. I still feel good about our decision to move her and I know she will have fun playing with all of her new friends! Brad will be picking her up on his way home and I’m anxious to hear about her day!

No comments:

Post a Comment