Friday, April 15, 2011

SUYL - What's on your reading list?

Today, at Kelly’s Korner, she is doing SUYL – What’s on your reading list?


I have been reading a lot more lately. It’s so much easier with the Nook. I can throw it in my purse and read on my lunch break or at home before bed time. Here are some books that I have read over the past month or so:

Heaven is For Real, by Todd Burpo


I LOVED this book. Seriously, I think I read it in one day. This is a true story of a little boy’s journey to heaven during an emergency surgery. All of his details were amazing. I know heaven is a real place, but hearing of someone who was actually there gives me chills! This is a GREAT read!

Karen Kingsbury is one of my favorite authors. Several years ago I was hooked to her series about the Baxter family. I love that each of the series are different but still revert back to the same characters. If you have never read any of her books I strongly suggest starting with The Redemption Series and then go from there. I’m telling you, you will be hooked! In the past month I have read Take Two, Take Three and I’m currently on Take Four.


Last year, while Addi was in the hospital, I started reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I never finished it and I told myself I was going to start reading it again. (It’s on my list!) Well, a year has gone by and I still haven’t finished it. As soon as finish the book I’m on, I’m going to start Redeeming Love over again. It’s been so long that I don’t even remember what the story was about!

What books are you currently reading?

5 comments:

  1. I put Heaven is for Real on my list too! You do owe it to yourself to read (in its entirety) Redeeming Love! Man, oh, man is that a great book!! Have a super weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through Kellyskorner! Am now following! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the convenience of a kindle! I can take it everywhere with tons of books on it! :) Its like lugging my library everywhere! ha! :)
    Love your blog! Erin
    www.healthybranscoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking I will add Heaven is 4 real on my nook wish list!!

    Sometimes I think the Nook and Kindle are tooooooo convenient!! I feel like I read books way faster and move onto the next book way faster. Do you feel that way?

    You make a good point though that I find myself reading everywhere I go with my nook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read Redeeming Love! My list of books for vacation includes "Miss Julia Takes Over," "Gingerbread Cookie Murder," "Devil's Food Cake Murder," "Life Laughs," "In the Company of Others," and "Medium Raw."

    ReplyDelete