Friday, April 8, 2011

SUYL - Mother's Day/Father's Day Ideas

Today at Kelly's Korner, she is doing a SUYL on Mother's Day and Father's Day ideas.


 Last year was my first Mother's Day and it was so special!  Addi was dedicated at church that day and all of our close family and friends were there.  She was three months old, but had only been out of the hospital two months and I was just so thankful for her life and the opportunity to be her momma.  All I wanted that day was to be with my family (and maybe take a nap :) 

Growing up, we would go to my grandmother's house for lunch and just spend the day together.  We never really did big gifts, just something small and a card.

I was trying to think of some creative ideas for gifts, but all I could think about were the things that I would want.  Here are a few...
1.  A spa/relaxation day - To show mom how much she means to you give her a day to herself to just relax.  A giftcard for a massage or mani/pedi is a great idea too.

2. Customized Jewelry - I love all of the custom jewelry options out there.  One of my favs is The Vintage Pearl.  I mean how cute are those necklaces?  I'm not a big fan of flashy jewelry (unless it's a diamond :), but these are perfectly simple.  I think this would also be a good option for a woman who's expecting.

3. Note or Card - You could simply write a note telling your mom how much she means to you.  Creating your own card is another option.  Brad made me a card for Valentine's day and it meant the world to me. 


4.  Photobook - I'm a HUGE fan of creating photo books.  There are so many websites out there that offer this service.  They are a great way of preserving your photos and memories.

All moms are different and would enjoy different things.  Just think of the things she enjoys doing and go from there.


As for Father's Day, I'm not really sure.  Last year we spent the day with Brad and got him an Academy giftcard.  He just bought a riding lawn mower, so that will probably be part of his gift this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment