Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rest

Isn’t it amazing how God tells us exactly what we need to hear when we need to hear it? Last night and bible study we read this verse:


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest”
                                                                                                                     Matthew 11:28

I can’t tell you how badly I needed to hear that! There are often times in my life (like right now) where I am physically and mentally exhausted. I’m the type of person that can’t say no. My plate is often full with things that I have committed to do b/c I simply couldn’t just say no. Whether it’s church or work I need to realize that if it’s not God’s plan for me, then I need to say no. I don’t need to say “Sure, I will help with that” or “Of course I will be the chair on that committee” just because I’m asked to do so.

A lot of this has to do with me wanting to please people and not wanting to disappoint them. Part of my job here on earth is not to be a people pleaser. It’s to do whatever God’s will is for my life. I’m so glad I was reminded of that last night!

Isn’t it a great feeling to know that we can call on Him and find rest??

No comments:

Post a Comment