Saturday, February 12, 2011

Worn Slap Out!

The weekend isn't over yet, but I'm exhausted!  Last night, Brad and I went to the Brad Paisley concert.  The tickets I won off the radio included a pre-concert with Jarrod Neimann.  We were able to hear him play a few of his songs and then meet him.  He was SO nice and seemed very genuine.  Brad Paisley puts on a great show and we had so much fun.  I loved date night with the hubs and we should do that more often!  We were in a drawing to win meet and greet passes for Brad Paisley, but we didn't win.  As we were leaving the concert, I told Brad "It would have been nice to meet Brad Paisley, but I'm kind of glad we didn't win b/c I'm tired and just want to go home and get to bed!".  Haha - I'm getting old. Oh how times have changed! 

Today, we had Christmas with my dad's side of the family.  Yes, I said CHRISTMAS.  Because dad was in the hospital and "missed" Christmas we decided to wait until he came home and felt like getting together with everyone.  Addi was very shy today.  Every time she's in a big group of people she just ducks her head.  It's cute :)

I have been cooking all night and I just sat down. I love cooking, but I hate worrying about what we are going to eat every night.  It gets tiring every night when I rush home from work, cook, clean, and try to spend time with my fam before Addi goes to bed.  So, I thought I would take a stab at freezer cooking.  I'm starting out VERY slowly.  I can't jump right into the once a month thing (that sounds exhausting!).  Tonight I made Cheesy Corn Soup, Poppyseed Chicken Casserole, Breakfast Burritos and Apple Dumplings.  I plan on cooking some taco meat tomorrow and finish doing something with the rest of the chicken I bought.  I even made some PB&J sandwiches and stuck them in the freezer for lunches.  We spend way too much money going out to eat.  I'm hoping this will eliminate that and we can limit going out to eat to a once or twice on the weekends.  Do any of y'all freezer cook?  How many meals do you normally cook at a time?  I didn't mind the actual process of putting everything together, but I hate the clean up!  Since I cooked everything, Brad is in charge of putting the dishes in the dishwasher! :)

1 comment:

  1. Poppyseed chicken is one of my favorites but I've never frozen it, so I'm excited to hear how that goes for you. Stuffed shells and Brunswick Stew are the only things I've ever really made and frozen. We're hoping to get a big freezer so we'll actually have the space to do more of that in the near future.

    ReplyDelete