Friday, February 4, 2011

SUYL - What do you feed your kids?

Today, on Kelly's blog she has started back up Show Us Your Life.  Today's topic is what do you feed your kids?  Over the past month or so, we have been introducing "big girl" food to Addi.  At first she didn't know what to think. But, now she LOVES it!

It's hard for me to come up with things for her to eat b/c she can't always eat what we eat.  For breakfast it's yogurt or oatmeal and fruit (in the pic she's eating a waffle :).  I don't have to worry about lunch too much b/c she is fed at the daycare.  They normally eat chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese, fish sticks, chicken nuggest, etc.  For dinner I  give her carrots, mashed potatoes, green beans, mac-n-cheese, or whatever we are eating. As for snacks she eats cheerios, graham crackers, and cereal bars. She still has to have about 3 bottles a day.

I find it hardest to feed her when we go out to eat.  For instance, tonight we went to eat bbq and of course she grabs everything on our plate.  I just tore some french fries up and gave them to her.  I know it's not the healthiest thing in the world, but it kept her satisfied! Besides who would choose cheerios over fries, seriously??

On a side note, my baby is 11 months old today! I can't believe it.  I will do an 11 month update soon.

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Kelly's Korner. I have an 11 month old too and have just begun giving him table food. I probably waited a little too late but honestly it just never even dawned on me! hahaha He started getting tired of his homemade purees so I thought hmmmm maybe I should try bite sized. Haha So far he is loving it and I got some great ideas from your post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get some ideas from my post! I feel like the foods I give her aren't healthy enough. I'm going to try make more of an effort!

    ReplyDelete