Monday, January 10, 2011

Snowed In

Last night around 4:30 the sleet/snow started here in B'ham.  The weatherman has been talking about snow the entire week and it finally came!  We decided to come to my parent's house and stay with my mom since dad is still in the hospital and they have an alternate source of heat if the power were to go out.  Luckily, the power didn't go out!  But we have had fun spending time with mom and each other.  Addi has been in such a good mood this weekend.  We have discovered Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is her favorite!  We've watched it several times before, but yesterday afternoon when I put it on she started clapping and wouldn't take her eyes off of it!! She was SO cute!

Once the ice started accumulating, we heard kids sleighing down the hill around 10:30 last night.  I'm not a huge fan of the snow, but I did slide down the hill twice today and then I was over it!  We bundled Addi up and took her outside and made a few pictures and quickly got her back inside. 

The rest of the day I have spent watching tv, napping and playing on the internet. I have been searching different websites and blogs looking for different decorating ideas. I REALLY want to start re-decorating our house room by room.  I think I want to start with our bedroom.  I'm not much of a decorator and tend just to buy whatever is on sale.  But this time I'm going to put some effort into it!  We desperately need a new bedroom suite.  The one we have is a hand me down.  Here are a few beds that I really like:

I also like this one from JC Penney.  I can't figure out how to post the pics like the others.  My problem with re-decorating is I like too many styles!  I'm so indecisive and it drives me crazy.  Also, I love the Pottery Barn style, but I have an IKEA budget. :)  So, most of the time everything I like is out of our budget - which can be very frustrating.  I'm sure consignment furniture stores and craigslist will be my best friend during this project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment