Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

Our Thanksgiving break started on Wednesday night.  We decided to go ahead and drive up to the farm and spend the night.  That was def a good idea considering it's very hard to get up early and travel with a 9 month old!  Plus we had three places to be (all in different cities) Thanksgiving Day, so that helped on the travel time! Here is a pic of Addi boo on our way up to the farm...
 When we arrived we opened the back door to find her sleeping like this...
This is how she sleeps at home and I think it's the cutest thing ever!  I went ahead and gave her a bath and put her jams on before we left and I guess she thought is was bedtime!

Thanksgiving day we ate breakfast in Addison, Alabama.  The majority of Brad's family haven't met Addi yet, so it was fun for everyone to finally meet her!  Our next stop was Arley.  We ate lunch there.  We then packed up and headed back to Trussville to eat another late lunch at my parent's house.   By the end of the day, we were stuffed!  Addi was worn out b/c she had been passed around all day.  She definitely was the center of attention everywhere we went!  All in all she had a GREAT first Thanksgiving!

Brad had to work Friday morning and then he and Chad watched the game at our house and then headed back to the farm for a weekend of hunting.   I had some of my very best friends over Friday night.  I love when we all get together.  All we do is eat and talk, but it's so much fun and it's like we've never been apart! I couldn't ask for better friends!

 For the first time in a LONG time I didn't go shopping on Black Friday.  I enjoyed cuddle time with my Addi and we just slept in.  We are definitely cutting back on Christmas gifts this year and I'm just finding better deals online.  Plus I don't have to fight the crowds. 

Addi woke up fussy Saturday morning.  I just knew I would be taking her to the doctor come Monday morning.  I went ahead and gave her some ibuprofin b/c I knew her ears hurt.  She seemed to be better, UNTIL she woke up Sunday.  I took her temp and it was 103.  This confirmed in my mind that she def had another ear infection!  Brad and I loaded her up and headed to the doctor as soon as they opened.  He prescribed another antibiotic that will hopefully last until she gets her tubes on the 9th.  I'm definitely looking forward to the 9th!  I just want her to feel better.

I will leave you with one more pic of my girl.  The headband is a little much, but I like it and that's all that matters :)


1 comment:

  1. Love that Mud Pie outfit!! Megan has the dress version! Hope Addi feels better soon, she is in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete