Wednesday, September 1, 2010

6 Months Old

My sweet angel will be 6 months old Saturday.  Time has flown by and I can't remember my life before her.  I love her more and more every day.  She makes my heart happy!

A lot has happened since my last update.  Here are a few exciting things that have gone on in the life of Addi:

Two teeth have come in.  Teething hasn't been bad at all.  I know this is an up close picture and if you look closely you can see two little teethies on the bottom!

She attended her first wedding.  My sweet Hannah Jane got married and Addi wouldn't have missed it for the world!

She's moved on from rice cereal and has tried apple sauce and sweet potatoes.  She just holds the food in her mouth and once she realizes it's there, she spits it out. Lovely!  I think she liked the sweet potatoes more than the applesauce!

She can sit up on her own now!! I'm so proud of her!  She's still a little wobbly, but continues to make progress.

She has also had her first ear infection :(  She was absolutely pitiful!!

Today was her follow-up with her neurologist, Dr. Mathisen. She was scheduled for an EEG as well.  I was planning on being back there with her for her test, but the nurse told me I had to sit in a chair and no matter how much she screamed or cried I wasn't allowed to get up from the chair to comfort her and if I did, I would be asked to leave the room.  I knew I wouldn't be able to handle watching her get upset without doing something about it, so I just decided to stay in the waiting room with my mom.  When the nurse brought her back she said she didn't cry at all.  Her hair was all matted up from the gel they put on her head.  It was quite humorous.  I wish I would have taken a picture!  We quickly got a washcloth and a brush and fixed it the best we could :)  We then met with Dr. M and he gave us the results - he said the results were excellent and she's "100% normal".  He was happy with her development and told us he really didn't have to continue seeing her.  I decided that I wanted to her come back for one more visit with him in 6 months.  He also said an MRI is not necessary at this point! PRAISE JESUS!!! I can't wrap it around my head that 6 months ago we were worried about her future and the problems she would experience and now she's a beautiful, HEALTHY baby girl!!!!  That just goes to show that God is in control.  He can do so much more than we could ever imagine.  I'm so thankful for all of the blessings he has given us - we are so undeserving. 

Needless to say, today was a GREAT day! My mom, Addi and I did a little shopping and ran some errands after her appt.  She talked and laughed all day!  She's such a happy baby!  Her new thing is sticking her tongue out and blowing and thus spitting everywhere.   She also has a high pitched "squeal" that she has just started doing. 

I'm really looking forward to this weekend.  Friday, we are playing church softball.  Saturday, Addi is having her 6 month pictures made and we are having people over to cookout and watch football.  I still haven't decided what to cook Saturday.  I know Brad and Chad are grilling ribs and chicken.  I need some good snacks, sides and desserts to go with it - any suggestions???

Maybe I won't wait a month before my next post :)

3 comments:

  1. Check out Pearls Handcuffs and Happy Hour for some great recipe ideas. Sounds scandalous but she has some amazing party recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I'm so glad she is doing so well. Colyn still doesn't have any teeth, LOL. We will be there Satruday with the boys. I am making potato salad, let me know what snack I can make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to "attempt" potato salad but i'm glad you are doing it instead :) I'm for sure making baked beans and cheesy artichoke dip and some kind of dessert. I think that should be plenty!

    ReplyDelete