Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Kid's Names

Kelly's Korner this week is doing Show Us Your Life - Kid's Names.


Addison Kerr Alston

When I was little I would always come up with names that I would want to use one day when I had a child. There was never really a name that I loved. When Bradley and I found out I was pregnant I began seriously thinking about names. At the beginning of the pregnancy we just knew we were having a boy. We were both shocked to find out we were having a girl! We wanted a name that had a special meaning to both of us. The name we picked out for a boy was Jackson Bradley. Jackson is my maiden name and then obviously Bradley is my husbands middle name.



Right after we found out we were having a little girl we chose the name Addison Kerr. Brad's family has a farm in Addison, Alabama. He loves to spend time there and it holds a special place in his heart. This is also the place he proposed to me! We knew Addison had to be our little girl's name! My grandmother's maiden name is Kerr. I wanted to use a family name and that is the one that just stuck in my mind - it is different and I like it :)



Above is a sneak preview of Addi's pictures she had made at 8 weeks old. I LOVE them!!! Lisa Marie Photography took them and I can't wait to see the rest! Also, one of my very best friends, Leah, made the cute hat she has on. :)

4 comments:

  1. Precious little girl! We have an Addie (Adelynn)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture! I can't wait to see the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so precious! I love the picture and the hat and knowing where her name came from! I love it when names have special meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My best friends first little grandchild is named Addison...

    Love your blog..

    Stopping by to say Happy Mother's Day...
    Have a few hours to blog hop and nothing makes me happier.
    I have a GREAT GIVEAWAY that I will be drawing for on Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete