Friday, May 14, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Favorite Books



Over at Kelly's Korner today she is doing Show Us Your Life - Your favorite books!  When I was a child I don't think I read very much.  I hated the reading they made you do in school, so that's probably why I didn't read for pleasure.  However, I do remember loving these books...
The Baby-Sitters Club!!! I used to have a TON of these books and I'm interested to see if my mom kept them.  Maybe Addi will like them one day. 
I will never forget Sweet Valley High! I liked both The Baby-Sitters Club and Sweet Valley High because they were a "series" of books.  I love books that continue in a series. I mean who likes when a good book ends? That way you can just go to the next book to continue the story. Right now my favorite series is...
I love me some Karen Kingsbury.  She is a Christian author so her books aren't "trashy" like other romantic fiction books.  Take One is the last book of hers I read and I've been meaning to read Take Two, but I have been a little busy lately! :)



While Addi was in the hospital I started reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It's a re-telling of the book of Hosea.  I got half-way through it and quit when we brought Addi home.  I LOVED this book though! As soon as I have time I'm going to finish it. 

I do enjoy a good book and wish I would have liked it more when I was younger. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm getting a Sony Reader and hopefully that will encourage me to finish these books that I have started but never finished!

3 comments:

  1. i loved babysitters too! i have ALL of them in my classroom library... but my girls NEVER read them! it makes me sad. finish redeeming love-- it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the books you listed! I love Francine Rivers and Redeeming Love was one of my favorites. You will be glad you finished it.

    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started reading Redeeming Love again last night! Hopefully I will finish it this week! :)

    ReplyDelete